Role/Responsibility of Security
This module is designed to help the participant understand and define the role of a security officer.
This course will teach the participant to:
- Comprehend the role and responsibilities of a Security Officer and a Peace Officer
- Acknowledge the responsibilities of a Security Officer
- Understand how to earn the community’s respect
- Understand the differences between arresting and detaining a suspect
- Know the process to arrest a suspect including the use of Reasonable Use of Force
The purpose of this training is to teach you that the ultimate responsibility of a Security Officer is to protect people from harm, to prevent damage or destruction to property and observing/reporting suspicious activities BEFORE it occurs.